PageOne Curator Software
I have been evaluating content curation for some time now. I have several curated blogs that are in the early stages of deployment and have been using a variety of different platform and software tools to assist me in my curation process.
Last month (May 2012) Paul Clifford released PageOne Curator as a WSO and I purchased it almost immediately. Having worked with CurationSoft, which I like, I find PageOne Curator to be a more robust, complete solution for curating blogs.
Go to the bottom of this post to see the specific features I personnally feel make PageOne Curator the top choice for Blog Curation.
In the mean time, here are what others online have to say about PageOne Curator:
I picked up this impressive software from Paul Clifford today on the Warrior Forum, and it’s one cool tool.
‘Curation’ is the new buzzword, and worth looking into if you’re tired of the auto-blogging route that is fast fading into the sun.
PageOne Curator Software runs on Adobe Air, so works with both PC and Mac!
The software scours content sources to bring you fresh, relevant material you can use on your blogs, with your own introduction or take on the information, while linking to the original source and avoiding any copyright issues….More at PageOne Curator Software
First of all, curation is hot. Put simply, it’s the process that drives many of the biggest sites on the internet – just look at how many blogs simply collect the best of the day or weeks posts in their niche.
BIG HINT: if you are into a topic, where this isn’t happening – you should take the initiative and start doing this. (assuming there are no weird legal issues etc).
Look at the big gossip sites – they are all using curation. So what is curation – well, put simply it’s about finding hot content in your niche area, and then adding your own spin, or comments on what you find interesting too.
This means – it’s a FAST way to create content – but – it requires that you:
- Find the best content sources
- Copy those articles you want for curation
- Add your own comments and add other content
Here is how and why Page One Curator is so good:
Page One Curator does all those three steps for you. It helps you find the right content and search through it, which will save you a lot of time….More at Page One Curator Creates Online Content – Marketing News Tip
Ok, here are the key features that for me, make PageOne Curator such an excellent choice for blog curation:
- Within a single desktop solution you can manage multiple blogs.
- It provides excellent search options:
- Import your custom list of RSS feeds
- Google Blog
- Google News
- The rich text editor allows you to build and edit your posts inside the software and then publish them to your blogs.
- You can insert images from your computer as well as from URLs.
- You can designate a post as “draft” as well as a “sticky” post.
- If you chose to buy the training package, you get both excellent software, but the training on how to best use it to curate your blogs
PLEASE, comment below with your thoughts on Curation & PageOne Curator…